Embu General Provincial Hospital offers a broad spectrum of General Surgical Services, including the following:
- Hernia repair
- Management of conditions of the thyroid gland
- Management of problems of the urinary tract, including stone disease and difficulty in urination.
- General abdominal surgery including emergency care
- Management of cancer of the skin, abdominal organs, genitourinary tract, and head and neck
- Leg circulation and leg wound management
- Management of breast conditions, including cancer
- Repair of aneurysms of the abdominal aorta and other vascular conditions
- Multidisciplinary management of complex trauma
Our surgeons are available on-site 24 hours per day, seven days per week, to evaluate and treat acute conditions, including trauma, abscess, abdominal pain and other emergency conditions. The General Surgery Service performs approximately 2,500 surgeries per year, about a quarter of the hospital’s 10,000 operations per year.